Signed up to Google Reader as all roads (seem) to lead to Google ... I do recall in my last life that I had subscribed to some RSS free-ware appliction that I found non-intrusive (these seem to be too "busy") - but cannot for the life of me remember what it is. Will have to do some research ... Just looked at the Palinet tutorial and discovered that what I must have used was a 'client programme' rather than a web based feed reader (!). Not comfortable with the 'sharing' feature in Google Reader as the header displays my full name! Must have been some setting that I missed.
I can, of course, see the value of RSS feeds as an alerting service - for sites relevant to our areas of interests - (provided of course that such sites offer RSS); or as online documents change (eg. legislation, etc.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment